Patient Safety Coordinator Position Overview
At Asante, the Patient Safety Coordinator contributes to the achievement of the system's mission through the coordination and oversight of patient safety and process improvement initiatives at Asante. This position is responsible for assisting staff with compliance, regulations and accreditation standards related to the overall culture of safety at Asante. This position is essential to the establishment of a strong culture of safety, working in collaboration with Patient Care Services, ancillary departments, and other departments.
As a Patient Safety Coordinator at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Facilitate the Safety Steering Council.
· Be a resource to Leadership to assist with tools and techniques to develop/implement/sustain a culture of safety.
· Support establishment and maintenance of integrated patient safety initiatives at Asante.
· Consult with leadership, line staff, physicians and work groups to educate and provide support to develop/implement evidence-based, best practices.
· Recognize opportunities for improving compliance related to patient safety and recommend priorities.
· Recommend methodologies for monitoring and type of report to display data.
· Facilitate, consult, advise and educate action teams.
· Bachelor degree in health-related field, business, or equivalent combination of related education and experience required. Master degree in health related field or business preferred.
· 3 years hospital work experience including 2 years experience with significant responsibility for safety improvement initiatives required. Experience in Project Management and leading multiple successful work teams preferred.
· Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) by Healthcare Quality Certification Board preferred.
· Proven ability to facilitate process improvement teams.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate with customers/staff with diverse educational backgrounds.
· Statistical analysis of data and processes.
· Ability to manage numerous diverse projects simultaneously through effective priority setting, efficient use of time, and organization.
· Demonstrated knowledge of accreditation standards and regulations related to safety.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Self-direction; acceptance of responsibility for work.
· Computer literacy with MS Word, Excel.
Compensation & Benefits
· Targeted starting salary range: $57,033 - $71,292
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision care
· Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a locally-managed, nationally recognized top 15 health system. We are located in beautiful Southern Oregon and are the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5,000 people and include Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values – the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.