40 Hour OT Rule - OT paid after 40 worked hours in a week
Phlebotomist Position Overview
The Phlebotomist will inspire confidence in the overall patient and staff experience by utilizing proper prioritization procedures and coordinating the collection of all phlebotomy specimens with co-workers. May also provide back-up to the Emergency Departments and Intensive Care Nursery. The Phlebotomist must consistently provide phlebotomy skills appropriate to the age and condition of the patient to minimize redraws (i.e., proper amounts, correct samples) and must strictly adhere to patient identification protocols as specified by regulatory requirements. This includes demonstrating knowledge of all patient safety precautions – such as isolations and safety devices.
As a Phlebotomist at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Work directly with patients and continually improve the patient experience
· Identify opportunities to optimize our workflow
· Utilize proper prioritization procedures by coordinating the collection of all specimens with co-workers
· Demonstrate productivity in patient care by consistently applying phlebotomy skills, with accuracy, to a diverse patient population
· If being hired directly after successful completion of a certified phlebotomy program, the requirement for experience below may be waived.
· 1 year laboratory experience or equivalent experience in a healthcare related field is required – unless being hired after successful completion of a certified Phlebotomy Program as noted above
· Knowledge of laboratory specimen requirements; experience with special drawing procedures (babies, therapeutic phlebotomies, combative patients, etc.), preferred
· 1-2 years phlebotomy experience in a Clinical Laboratory or hospital setting, preferred
· Possession of a valid Oregon Driver's License with proof of safe driving record for the past ten years and proof of insurance may be required (for Lab Outreach).
· Phlebotomy Technician (PBT) certified by the American Society for Clinical Pathology, preferred
· Using independent judgment in following established venipuncture procedures
· Ability to inspire confidence in and communicate effectively with patients and family, registration staff, unit secretaries, healthcare providers & visitors
· Demonstrating composure and organizational skills in handling crisis situations and effectively handle multiple tasks in times of heavy workload
· Demonstrating a positive working environment through teamwork
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive starting wage
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
· Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
· Generous Earned Time Off
· Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values –traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service – Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.