Named as one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the nation for the third year in a row, Aspirus Medford Hospital offers all of the friendliness and flexibility of a 25-bed critical access hospital with the horsepower of a large healthcare system. This includes digital imaging, EPIC EMR, on-site sleep lab, retail pharmacy, skilled nursing facility, dialysis unit, birthing center, cancer infusion center, and a public fitness center.
Medford, Wisconsin is a quiet, safe small town community in north central Wisconsin with a strong light industrial base offering a reasonable cost of living. Live on a private lake 8 miles from the hospital for less than $250k! Excellent school system and only 45 minutes to Wausau and Marshfield and 2.5 hours to Minneapolis/St. Paul.
· Assists in the delivery of primary health care of patients including maintenance of clinical record/ documentation.
· Perform a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for medical staff.
· Make decisions consistent with clinic policies and the strict observance of confidentiality of patient information.
Medford, WI – Aspirus Medford Clinic
Candidate should have:
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse Program
- A completed certification as a CMA/RMA through AAMA or AMT or able to attain certification within six (6) months of hire
- Current CPR certification.
· Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures to administer patient care.
· Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
· Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
· Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
· Skill in preparing and maintaining records and responding to correspondence.
· Skill in developing and maintaining relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
· Ability to maintain quality control standards.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
· Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain a team--work effectively with co-workers.
Prior experience working as a Certified Medical Assistant in a Clinic is preferred, but not required.