Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
The Physical Therapist (PT) provides therapy in response to referral from a licensed physician, dentist, osteopath, podiatrist or chiropractor or via direct access in accordance with state law. The PT administers therapy programs for referred patients with developmental deficit; physical injury, illness, or disability; and injury prevention or health promotion in coordination with other PT's, physical therapist assistants, and other health professionals. The PT provides direct patient care including assessment, development of a plan of care, treatment, documentation, and patient education to clients of all ages. This position varies between inpatient care and outpatient care; while specific tasks may vary, general responsibilities include:
· Directing patient participation, progression, and discharge in accordance with clinical best practice guidelines and within the scope of PT practice to restore, reinforce, and enhance patient performance and function.
· The therapist is accountable to productivity and personal and professional growth.
· Should possess the skills to be adaptable to a dynamic team environment and open to the idea of developing, promoting, and performing new programs to facilitate rehabilitation.
· Responsible for student supervision and delegation to support staff.
LOCATION: Medford, WI – Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
· Graduation from Accredited University with Successful Completion (or Pending Completion) of National Board is required
· Greater than or equal to one year of clinical experience desired.
Candidates should possess one or more of the following:
· Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from an Accredited University is required
· Licensed in or Pending Licensure in the State of Wisconsin is required
· Current BLS certification/CPR is required
· Specialty Certifications; Master or DPT in Physical Therapy is preferred