Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Aspirus is seeking a full-time Credentialing & Provider Support Specialist to provide administrative support in the processing of Medical and Allied Health Staff.
Location: Medford, WI.
Hours: Day shift, Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attends meetings/conferences and reports back on major points and actions to be taken.
- Coordinate meetings and events including creating agendas and minute taking to include medical staff committee meetings..
- Coordinate information between medical staff and board of directors.
- Performs credentialing to bring on new physicians and allied health staff and maintains their privilege requirements.
- Processes CME renewal dues, prescriptions as well as tracks state licensure.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards to act as a resource for medical staff and hospital personnel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, web-based programs and excellent computer skills.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and education requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate Degree in field of medical staff, healthcare compliance or secretarial science is preferred.
- Certification as Provider Credentialing Specialist is preferred.
- Two - three years of administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Background in credentialing, HR, Physician Recruitment, Information Systems, or Physician Office Practice preferred.