Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Chaplain at Aspirus Riverview Hospital in Wisconsin Rapids, WI. The Chaplain coordinates and provides spiritual care and chaplain services for patients, families, and staff. Also coordinates and facilitates select bereavement services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing Spiritual Care/Pastoral Care to Patients of Aspirus Riverview Hospital (ARH), Their Families, and to Aspirus Riverview Hospital Staff
- Developing Relationships with Community Clergy Members to Coordinate Specific Aspects of Spiritual Care
- Developing, Coordinating, and Facilitating the Bereavement Program
- Performing Designated Administrative Activities Related to Aspirus Riverview Hospital
- Knowledge of theology, religious traditions, practices and beliefs, and spirituality normally required through completion of a graduate degree from an accredited theological school or college.
- Two years of pastoral or chaplaincy experience in nursing homes, prisons or jails, colleges and universities, the military (include "church", "hospital" in list) or related institutional settings.
- One or more units of accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) preferred.
- Holding licensure or certifications as a Board Certified Chaplain (BCC), a Certified Clinical Chaplain (CCC), or an Associate Certified Chaplain (ACC) from one of the nationally-recognized Chaplain organizations (Association of Professional Chaplains, National Association of Veterans Affairs Chaplains, or the National Association of Catholic Chaplains) et al preferred.
The Aspirus healthcare system and service area extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 8 hospitals and over 55 primary care/specialty clinics.