For a 2nd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Cardiac Surgical Technologist for our Surgical team in Wausau, Wisconsin who will be responsible for planning and organizing supplies, instruments, and equipment for surgical procedures. Additionally, be Involved in and responsible for a high degree of physician satisfaction. Assist surgeon as scrub technologist according to prescribed standards. Scrub, dons gowns and gloves in accordance with performance standards. Set up table, instruments, and supplies and drapes operative field. Assist and anticipates needs of the surgeon in providing instruments, sutures, sponges, and supplies. Maintain and reports correct counts or discrepancies in counts of sponges, needles, and instruments with circulating nurse. Clean rooms, furniture, equipment, and suite according to prescribed procedures. Perform skin closure per surgeon request only after successful completion of wound closure course, evidence of competency and on-going documentation of skin closure to maintain competency.
Surgeries performed are as follows: AVR/Aortic Surgery, Mitral Valve Repair/Replacement, Off Pump CABG, Complex Atrial Fibrillation Surgery, TAVR/MitraClip and Lung Surgery.
· Knowledge of surgical standards and practices normally acquired through graduation from a surgical technologist program
· Current BLS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
· Graduate of a certified surgical technologist program
· Provide flexibility in the role of the surgical technologist to accommodate the diversity and variety of procedures as well as the fluctuating volumes of procedures.
· Work flexible hours and potentially long hours.
· One-year acute care surgical experience beneficial.
· Ability to work collaboratively with the doctors and surgeons
Hours: Full time, 72 Hours per pay period, Varied shift, Weekend rotation 1-2 every 4 months, Weeknight call rotation is 4-8 times in a 12 week schedule, Weekend call rotation 8-14 weekends a year, 20 min call response time required
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With approximately 8,000 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes five hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
As a team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin