Associate's Degree preferred
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a CARDIAC OR VASCULAR SONOGRAPHER in Wausau, Wisconsin at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who will provide quality cardiovascular diagnostic services to neonates, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Performs cardiac and/or vascular ultrasound procedures, including transthoracic, transesophageal, stress echocardiography, and transcranial Doppler utilizing a variety of equipment and techniques and makes the necessary measurements required for the interpretation to obtain accurate, high quality results.
- Administers image enhancing agent when appropriate.
- Identifies and defines abnormalities and extends the scope of the examination appropriately.
- Prepares patients for procedures and obtains clinical history from the patient including cardiac related physical findings and pertinent laboratory data in order to adapt the imaging techniques to obtain comprehensive and diagnostic information to alleviate the probability of erroneous clinical interpretation.
- Assists in performing transesophageal studies with cardiologist, calculating appropriate measurements and sterilizes probe.
- Communicates clinical findings to the appropriate staff.
- Records statistics and performs daily maintenance of the Echocardiography/Vascular Lab and its equipment, reporting all malfunctions as appropriate.
- Participates with the Quality Improvement Program--IAC accreditation, peer reviews, Satellite Scorecard and works with Quality Coordinator for IAC submission.
- An Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in an allied health field desired.
- At minimum, this position requires internship training in echocardiography and/or peripheral vascular ultrasound
- RDCS, ARDMS, or RCS CCI registry, or RVT, ARDMS or RVS, CCI registry, or registry eligible within 18 months of hire.
- Current BLS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire
- Completion of Basic ECG class and passes with 80% or higher within one year of hire, or tests out of class.
- Possesses and maintains a valid driver's license as required.
- Maintains number of Continuing Education Credits necessary to keep credentials (30 every 3 years).
Hours: 2 Saturdays a month, 8 hour shifts
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin