Associate's Degree preferred
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Manager of Coding in Wausau, Wisconsin who will be responsible for managing the coding activities to ensure compliant coding for patient services is provided. This position will oversee the day-to-day operations of the hospital coding staff including the coding work flow for processes, quality, consistency and accuracy of the coding, productivity standards and assessing educational needs. This position collaborates with the medical staff and clinical and/or revenue cycle departments to accurately evaluate the clinical coding of each patient record.
Location: Wausau, WI.
Hours: Day shift primarily, Monday - Friday, but may involve some evenings/weekend hours as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensures effective coding procedures are in compliance with government and third party insurance industry information for correct code assignment.
- Assures prompt and accurate coding for timely billing of clients.
- Facilitates problem solving and collaboration with medical staff, clinical and revenue cycle departments.
- Collaborates with the Master File Coordinator for updates to the procedure master.
- Maintains key accountability for certain key areas of coding which may include some of the following areas: Quality review, Productivity, Auditing, Provider and Coding Education, Business Office Liaison for Denials and Edits or other key projects.
- Develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of regulatory changes impacting coding requirements and communicates to those affected appropriately and timely.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and education requirements:
- Knowledge of general health care business concepts normally acquired through completion of Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or other health related field.
- Expert knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, DRG and HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Five years of experience in technical or professional coding applicable to the coding management role.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle practices normally acquired through previous experience including understanding of multiple reimbursement systems.
- Experience with electronic coding system, knowledge of EPIC preferred.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), RHIA or RHIT certification preferred.
- Knowledge of copays, deductibles, preauthorization, etc.