Aspirus was recently recognized 2 years in a row as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Sterile Processing Technician at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI to decontaminate, clean, assemble, wrap and sterilize equipment, supplies and instruments to be used hospital-wide including multiple specialty clinics throughout the Aspirus network.
Entry level, we will train you! We truly believe that you are the reason for our Excellent Patient in the Surgical Suite.
Responsibilities will include:
• Practices professional and courteous social skills in his/her interactions with surgical personnel during and after intense situations.
• Is responsible for monitoring and documenting processing activities.
• Is responsible for precision and accuracy in the cleaning and assembling of complex and fragile instruments and accurate selection of products is key to successful, timely, infection free and user satisfied surgical intervention.
• He/she will assure the availability of supplies for surgery through procedural case cart preparation.
• These services are provided to multiple customers including outside sales representatives with individualized needs covering multiple procedural specialties.
• Decontamination, Prep, Set Up, Sterilization and/or Post Sterilization
• Demonstrated ability to read, write and do basic mathematics normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Possesses ability to work closely with others in a team environment.
• Possesses ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is flexible to change.
Why choose Aspirus:
• Competitive Compensation
• Paid Time off accrues on day one of hire
• Insurance benefits 30 days from start
• Company matched retirement
• Advancement opportunities
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.