For the 2nd year in a row, Aspirus was recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Patient Access Scheduler with strong phone skills to support patient access by managing inbound and outbound calls in a contact center setting. Schedule patient appointments for our busy primary care providers while following established protocols that promote patient and physician satisfaction and schedule efficiencies.
These positions can work out of: Doctor's Clinic in Rapids, Westwood in Wausau, Langlade Hospital in Antigo or Ironwood Hospital.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 5:30pm.
This individual will
· Answer 75-125 inbound calls per day to schedule patient appointments following established protocols that promote physician and patient satisfaction, as well as schedule efficiencies. These are not patient facing positions - they are 100% over the phone.
· Place outbound calls to patients to schedule follow up and referral appointments and reschedule missed appointments in order to promote continuity of care.
· Maintain strict patient confidentiality.
· Screen and direct telephone calls to the appropriate staff members.
· Maintain EPIC work queue, if applicable.
· Respond to emergency phone calls according to protocol.
· Perform clerical functions and provide back-up clerical support to other departments, as required.
· Knowledge of office procedures normally acquired through completion of a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience - Required
· Associate degree in Business Administration or Health Care Business Services or other applicable area preferred.
· At least one year of experience in a business office or healthcare setting is Preferred but not required.
· Ability to proficiently use a computer and type required.
· Prior customer service or medical office experience strongly preferred.
· Completion of a medical terminology course is preferred.
· Knowledge of computer skills including Excel and Word.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 85,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing.