For the 2nd year in a row, Aspirus was recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Sterile Core Technician for our team in Wausau, Wisconsin. This individual will be responsible for providing complete case carts for surgical procedures. These individuals anticipate practitioner needs and assure that adequate and appropriate supplies are stocked and readily available. These individuals are responsible for filling surgical case carts to match the surgery schedule and meet the needs of the doctors/staff. They are responsible for correct inventory control practices.
· Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
· Knowledge of surgical standards and practices normally acquired through experience in the operating room.
· One year acute care surgical experience beneficial.
· Two plus years' experience in a surgical environment recommended.
· Experience in Windows Excel strongly recommended.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 85,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing.