The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a liaison between the clinical division director(s) and the Revenue Cycle Team regarding revenue and compliance issues. Responsible for supporting and suggesting charge capture, timely charge entry and revenue improvement initiatives. Tasks include performance of routine internal audits, process improvement recommendations, on- going communication with clinical managers regarding revenue cycle issues. Requires detailed knowledge of assigned area(s), including the operational functions and procedures, understanding the flow of charges, charging information systems. Must be able to interpret Governmental regulations and educate departments affected. Must have a detailed understanding of reimbursement rules for hospital, post acute care, and physician services. Project management skills are needed along with excellent communication abilities.
Candidates may also be expected to assist in performing other administrative tasks as assigned as well as assisting other areas of the Revenue Cycle Division or Clinical Services Division as deemed necessary.
Primary Responsibilities & Requirements
- Implement/maintain daily charge sheet reconciliation and late charge process
- Develop/coordinate educational services to clinical division or other areas within or outside of the revenue cycle
- Perform monthly audits on assigned clinical division(s)
- Review/maintain division(s) charge sheet and charge master
- Interpret and communicate regulatory changes to affected departments
- Review revenue and usage reports as well as division's dashboard by period
- Maintain attendance (including tardiness) in accordance with departmental standards
- Complete safety evaluation, JCAHO Education, TB Testing, Confidentiality, Information Systems usage and HIPAA/Corporate Compliance notification on an annual basis
- Exhibit accepted level of Teamwork and RESPECT
- Accept change as needed to meet departmental goals
- Prepare or assist with other projects/duties as assigned
Desired Job Qualifications/Skill Sets
- Coding and or Senior Billing experience in a Hospital setting required.
- Experience in hospital reimbursement, revenue audits or charge capture required
- Knowledge of current Medicare and other regulatory billing guidelines
- Ability to manage multiple demands from a variety of constituents
- Solid computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, internet, Medipac, MedAssets, Cerner)
- Health information or nursing professional helpful
- Pays close attention to detail and presentation
- Effective Communicator
- CCS, CCSP or Coding Certificate