Secure grant funding as an integral part of The Aultman Foundation development goals and objectives by strategically sourcing, identifying and preparing written grant submissions for Aultman Hospital and Aultman College. Ensure that reporting guidelines, requirements and restrictions are tracked and completed. Serve as support and/or lead for The Aultman Foundation Director and Chief Development Officer when needed, and assist with other Aultman Foundation initiatives.
- Lead TAF development efforts and results with proactive research and writing of letters of inquiry submissions and grant proposals that align with the Aultman Health Foundation (AHF) strategic plan, capital and program funding priorities.
- Work with AHF leaders to understand funding needs and inventory the priorities.
- Work with TAF Director, Chief Development Officer and the Vice President of Aultman College to create a grant submission strategic plan, over an 18-month period, that connects AHF development priorities with potential funders.
- Resourcefully gather information for each project to build a strong, viable case for funding.
- Maintain calendar and monthly reporting for grant sourcing, LOI's, grants in process, completed submissions and reporting updates.
- Help establish goals for number of grants sourced, submitted and secured.
- Complete new grantor research and submissions to match funding criteria.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with local, regional and national corporations, foundations and government funders.
- Track grant award criteria, complete required reporting, ensure accurate and ethical follow-up.
- Inquire of grants not received to improve processes for future submissions.
- Serve as liaison to funders and external grant consultants, as needed.
- Assistance with planning and execution of TAF and Aultman College development initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embrace the mission of the Aultman Health Foundation and The Aultman Foundation.
- Abide by the Aultman Code of Conduct at all times.
- Display a positive attitude, compassionate for people and community.
- Create and foster a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Commitment to teamwork and sharing department responsibilities.
- Computer skills required with demonstrated expertise using MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage is helpful.
- Strong knowledge of charitable fundraising and adherence to all ethics and laws.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Superior written and verbal communications required. Possess a high-level command of grammar, spelling and sentence structure.
- Strong listening skills and customer service skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Critical skills in human relations and diplomacy.
- Ability to work efficiently and successfully on multiple projects.
- Ability to think both critically and creatively.
- Maintain confidentiality of records.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience Previous experience in non-profit fundraising/grant writing/college fundraising/grant writing, with a proven track record of success.
Management Qualities Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills; strong organization skills; ability to stimulate new ideas and support and lend to an environment of teamwork
Leadership Expertise Integrity, honesty, fairness, possesses vision
· Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
· Handles emergency and other crisis situations
· Subject to interruptions
· Subject to long irregular hours
· Sits, stands and moves intermittently during working hours
· Physical movement; lifting, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching, kneeling, and climbing stairs
Hazardous Exposure Category
· Category III – tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.