JOB SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility and accountability for the provision of health care, medical management, assisting in surgery and education of patients at the clinic and hospital in collaboration with the Orthopedic Surgeon. Physician Assistants practice under the rules and regulations for Physician Assistants in the state in which they work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensure as a Physician Assistant and ability to practice in the state of South Dakota required.
· Federal DEA and State CSR certification for South Dakota is required.
· Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the State of Iowa and Federal and IA State DEA Certification may be required depending on patient/job assignment.
· National Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) required.
Be a Part of a Great Organization!
Avera Named to Forbes' Best-In-State Employers List