Intensive Family-Based Professional
Southwestern Mental Health Center is currently seeking applications to fill a full-time Intensive Family-Based Professional position in our Worthington, MN office.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision IFB Manager, provide psychotherapy and skills training in a family-based environment to identified clients who are at risk of placement outside the home. Provide case consultation with multiple involved agencies.
Southwestern Mental Health offers a competitive wage and a robust benefit package which includes full-time employees accruing up to 256 Hours or 6 Weeks, 2 Days of PTO leave per year from anniversary date. Southwestern Mental Health offers: Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Retirement plan; and employer paid – Group Term Life, Short and Long Term Disability insurance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. A minimum of a Master's Degree in a human services field from an accredited University/College.
2. Qualify as a MN Mental Health Practitioner
3. Strong verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
1. Provide all services in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Center and in accordance
2. with applicable code of ethics.
3. Work with family or individuals to identify problems and implement family oriented goals and solutions necessary to meet assigned client's needs as defined by Interagency Assessment and Individual Treatment Plan.
4, Provide therapeutic services, skills training, and intervention within the home, school, and community utilizing various counseling methods and procedures to assist clients in gaining insight into personal and interactive problems, to define goals, and to plan action reflecting interests, abilities, and needs. Coordinate with referring agency insuring their requirements and/or contract needs are being met.
5. Work collaboratively with department of human services, juvenile justice, school and social service staff to provide effective counseling services.
6. Network with community resources and other professional to discuss therapy or treatment, new resources or techniques, and to share information about IFB.
7. Develop and maintain relationships with a referral base at all times through opportunities offered by the Family Based Program.
8. Participate in scheduled meetings.
9. Participates in and is responsive to Center quality assurance procedures, cooperates with Center peer review and utilization procedures, and follows established procedures pertaining to the maintenance of accurate and complete clinical records. Complies with IFB established deadlines for paperwork.
10. Present intensive family-based related educational materials in a variety of public setting to promote community understanding and awareness.
11. Available for evening and weekend work as required by client's need.
1. Is sensitive and responsive to management needs such as data collection and program evaluation, development of funding applications, maintenance of various contracts for services, etc.
2. Ability to travel as position requires.
3, Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
4. Occasional on-call responsibilities as assigned.
Southwestern Mental Health Center, Inc. is a private, non-profit agency, established in 1959 by Cottonwood, Jackson, Nobles, Pipestone and Rock Counties in Southwest Minnesota. Our goal is to provide a broad scope of quality mental health services to people of all ages and economic backgrounds. Southwestern Mental Health Center is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services and has fully qualified and credentialed staff offering a variety of mental health services. Celebrating 50 years of service to the communities of Southwest Minnesota, the center began with two full-time professional staff in the former Luverne Community Hospital Building. Services and facilities have evolved over the years, to include a 24 hour crisis line, full-time offices in each of the incorporating counties, an adult residential treatment facility in Worthington and a variety of other programs and services.