PROGRAM OVERVIEW: Avera eCARE, the largest telemedicine network of its kind serving a rural area, is transforming the delivery of rural health care. Applications of eCARE include Specialty Clinic, Behavioral Health, Intensive Care, Emergency, Pharmacy, Correctional Health, Hospitalist, and Senior Care.
Avera eCare Behavioral Health serves rural areas underserved by behavioral health services. Telemedicine connects the provider and patient together for collaboration in improving mental wellbeing.
JOB SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility and accountability for the provision of behavioral healthcare, medical management and education of patients at the clinic in collaboration with a physician or psychiatrist. Nurse Practitioners practice under the rules and regulations of the Nurse Practice Act of the state in which they work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing or equivalent required.
· Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist program required.
· Master's degree required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· An active South Dakota CNP license is required.
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· Certification as an APRN through the ANCC with designation specific to the board of practice-Mental Health-Psychiatric is required.
· Federal DEA and State CSR certification for South Dakota is required.
· APRN licensure required within the states that e-Behavioral Health is providing service within 6 months of hire.
· Federal DEA and/or State DEA licensure required within the states that e-Behavioral Health is providing service within 6 months of hire.
· Completion of Child & Dependent Adult Abuse for Iowa Mandatory Reporters course required for Iowa employees within 6 months of employment and every 3 years thereafter.
Be a Part of a Great Organization!
Avera Named to Forbes' Best-In-State Employers List