**This is a casual/fill in as needed position
· The Social Worker serves as an important component of the clinical care team (Palliative Medicine and Coordinated Care); he/she is responsible for the planning, organization and implementation of social work services to patients and families in the clinic setting, assuring that medically related emotional and social needs are addressed on an individual basis for the patient.
· Responsible to assess needs of patients facing chronic illness and facilitate plans with patient/family to promote effective care.
· Maintain a current knowledge base of available community agencies and resources to facilitate appropriate referrals.
Education and Experience:
· Master's degree or Bachelor's degree in Social Work from an accredited Social Work Program required .
· Licensed as a Social Worker in the State of South Dakota required. (Multi-state licensure may be required)
· Qualified Mental Health Professional Credential (in South Dakota) preferred