Join the Avera Medical Group Pediatrics Team as a
JOB SUMMARY: Supports a clinic physician in proficiently operating the Electronic Medical Record by efficiently entering orders and documenting patient encounters for the physician; allowing him/her to focus their time on direct patient care rather than the computer. This position supports the physician in the clinic and provides direct patient care, within their scope of practice, to assure efficient patient flow and high quality care and services.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Graduate of a Medical Assistant program with an Associate's degree or technical degree preferred.
· Medical Assistant Registration from the SD Board of Medical Examiners office required.
· National Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or National Registration as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologist (AMT) or National Certification as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Health Career Association or Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through the National Center Competency Testing (NCCT) or National Certification as a Clinical Medical Assistant (CMAC) through the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) required.
· Six months to one year related experience and/or training preferred.