· The Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department coordinates patient care for assigned patients utilizing the nursing process.
· Requires rapid and accurate assessment, planning, intervention & evaluation of a multitude of acute and chronic health conditions.
· Requires the ability to solely assess and prioritize the care and interventions of several patients concurrently as well as direct and coordinate other healthcare workers in crisis and/or critical situations.
· Full time benefits eligible position; 72hrs/2wks
· Position requires every 3rd weekend and holiday rotation; shift times vary in length (8, 10, or 12hrs); 7P-7A, 7A-7P, or midshift
· Graduate of an accredited registered nursing education program
· Prefer 6-12 months experience
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
· Must have current RN licensure in the state of SD or "multi-state privilege" to practice in SD if residing in a compact state outside of SD
· Must obtain ACLS certification prior to completing ED orientation, PALS within 6 months, TNCC within 12 months, and ENPC within 24 months