*** This position is located in Estherville, Iowa ***
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individual who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference.
The CAH Partner serves as the finance liaison to the CAH Director by representing the finance interests of assigned CAHs. The Partner will propose and operationalize integrated system finance strategies across CAH operations for his/her group of hospitals, collaborate on issues of importance to CAH leaders, and work to ensure future financial strategies are executed in such a way that consistency of financial statements, collaboration across sites, and comparative financial analyses are preserved. The Partner continually seeks to identify areas of opportunity aimed at revenue growth, cost savings, and addressing operating plan shortfalls for his/her specific CAH sites. The Partner provides valuable feedback that furthers continuous process improvement and the provision of high quality financial services to meet the unique needs of CAHs across all functional areas of the consolidated finance team.
1. Responsible for deep collaboration with the CAH Finance Director and Reimbursement Director and team to communicate and collaborate on CAH operational changes and regulatory changes impacting CAH reimbursement through the Cost Report.
2. Assists and coordinates completion of Kaufman Hall business plans as needed.
3. Under direction of CAH Finance Director and with assistance of Decision Support Analysts, completes evaluation of acquisitions, management agreement affiliations, designation changes, service lines additions or discontinuations, and other feasibility studies as requested.
4. Serves as primary point-person in coordination and compilation of required statistical data necessary to complete annual cost reports and other filings and reports as required by external parties or regulatory agencies.
5. Works closely with the CAH Finance Director, Reimbursement Director, Operational Finance VP and Officer, CEOs, and site leaders to identify and operationalize revenue optimization and cost savings opportunities across CAH Operations; considering cost report implications of proposed changes.
6. Provides analysis and identification of root-cause issues contributing to operating plan shortfalls and works with CAH Operational Leaders to determine appropriate responses and strategies to address shortfalls.
7. In coordination with the Operational Finance Officer and the CAH director, assists the Managed Site Director in executing Avera's responsibilities under the Partnership Agreements.
8. Reviews financial statements to evaluate for financial results inconsistent with operational realities.
9. Completes financial statement analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly trend basis for CAHs to monitor trends over time.
10. Acts as CBO Liaison within assigned sites.
11. Works closely with assigned Decision Support Analyst resources to meet financial analytic needs of CAHs.
12. Assists in the development of CAH long-range plan, capital plan, and operating plan in conformity with budget methodologies set forth by the Treasury and Financial Planning Team and ensure that operations are maintained within approved plans; developing action plans to address discrepancies as they occur.
13. As needed and directed by the CAH Director, sits in on assigned councils and committees to represent finance at individual sites as needed. Presents and communicates financial information as appropriate/requested to internal and external stakeholders, including Board of Directors.
14. Provides support as needed to complete the month-end close process and participates in month end close meetings as requested.
Be a Part of a Great Organization!
Avera Named to Forbes' Best-In-State Employers List