Avera St Mary's Named Top 20 Rural Community Hospital
Avera Named Forbes' Best-in-State Employers List
- May be eligible for up to $5,000 sign on bonus.
- Provide direct patient care with the family practice team at the clinic.
- Cover urgent care evenings and Saturday mornings.
- May float to other provider practice areas to meet patient volume demands.
- Assess and triage patients.
- Maintain current and accurate medical records.
- Communicate with pharmacies and insurance companies on behalf of the provider and patient.
- Collaborate with providers and relay instructions, test results and other direction back to the patient.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant program with an Associate's degree or technical degree preferred.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training preferred.
Certification, Licensure and Registrations:
· Medical Assistant Registration from the SD Board of Medical Examiners office required.
· National Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or National Registration as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologist (AMT) or National Certification as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Health Career Association or Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through the National Center Competency Testing (NCCT) or National Certification as a Clinical Medical Assistant (CMAC) through the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) required.
· Must maintain BLS Certification.