"What I enjoy most about working in dialysis is the close relationships that you develop with the patients and oftentimes their families. The patients have a chronic illness, and there is a tremendous opportunity to provide support and education to them. We also enjoy a great schedule and the work, which is highly technical, is something a nurse can learn, master and become an expert in. Dialysis is a life sustaining medical treatment and it is so rewarding to know at the end of each day you have helped to keep someone well enough to continue to be around for their families and friends – it is a wonderful feeling!"
--Mara, Avera Dialysis Nurse Supervisor
Avera Outpatient Dialysis Registered Nurse (RN)
Provide life-saving service for patients with end-stage kidney disease! As a dialysis nurse you will monitor, medicate, educate, and support patients throughout their dialysis treatments with specialized knowledge and skills. Avera's outpatient dialysis center offers 8 patient stations, advanced dialysis machines, and specially designed chairs with heat and massage for maximum comfort.
o Primarily between 5:00am and 7:00pm
o Unit is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
· Be a part of multidisciplinary and innovative teams at:
o Avera Medical Group Nephrology
o Avera Transplant Institute
· Career Growth:
o Continuing education and leadership development opportunities, including being trained as a Charge Nurse
· Long Term Relationships:
o Form meaningful relationships with patients and their families/support systems.
o Live the Avera mission through your daily work.
· Be a Part of a Great Organization!
o Avera Named to Forbes' Best-In-State Employers List
o Avera has received its fourth consecutive Magnet recognition for nursing excellence!
Education and Experience:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred.
· Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Dialysis experience or critical care experience preferred.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
Certification and Licensure:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· Nephrology Certification preferred.
Be a Part of a Great Organization!
Avera Named to Forbes' Best-In-State Employers List