JOB SUMMARY: The Unit Therapist's primary responsibilities are to assist in coordinating, planning, implementing and facilitating programs and counseling services within the inpatient hospital, partial hospital, and addiction recovery program setting. The Unit Therapist's responsibilities may include facilitating all aspects of treatment including crisis intervention, providing assessment, individual, group, and family counseling for patients. The Unit Therapist may assist with duties on any of the inpatient units at BHS. The Unit Therapist must possess a working knowledge of the current Diagnostic Statistical Manual (DSM), American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), federal and state alcohol and drug abuse treatment laws, rules and regulation including but not limited to Federal Confidentiality Rules 42-CFR Part 2.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Master's degree required.
· Four to ten years related experience and/or training is preferred.
· Preferred candidates will have clinical experience facilitating group therapy sessions and providing individual counseling services.
· Preferred candidates will also have experience working with clients having dual diagnoses issues (addictive disorders in conjunction with mental health conditions).
· Clinical experience with couples and/or family therapy is preferred.
· Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) experience preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· South Dakota Professional License (Social Work, Counseling or Psychology) required.
· Licensed Professional Counselor- Mental Health, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker required.
· This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.
Be a Part of a Great Organization!
Avera Named to Forbes' Best-In-State Employers List