Avera St. Luke's Named Top 20 Rural Community Hospital
Avera Named to Forbes' Best-in-State Employers List
- Provide physical and psychological care to mentally ill and chemically dependent patients.
· Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
· Work with individuals and groups and provides skills consistent with interdisciplinary treatment plans.
· Lead evening and weekend programming for Avera Addiction Care Center patients as scheduled.
· Supervise the self-administration medication program.
· Work closely with RN, Behavioral Health Counselor, and Avera Addiction Care Center counselors to ensure proper patient care is completed.
· Ensure proper transportation for patients.
· Assess individual needs and assist with admissions, transfers, and discharges.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college preferred; or one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with a 12 Step Program and group facilitation desired but not required.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) and CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) certifications.
- Hight School/GED required.