· Responsible for daily coding with primary emphasis on E & M, testing and minor procedures.
· Adheres to coding regulations and coding guidelines as directed nationally and by payors.
· Must have knowledge of diagnostic and procedural terminology, CPT, ICD10 and HCPCs.
· Work with physicians when needed for assignment of charges as well as education and training.
· Knowledge of E/M Auditing.
· Coder will work closely with the billing department to appeal denials as well as overall reimbursement improvement.
Education and Experience:
· Coding certification preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Formal coding education and/or 1+ years of applicable work experience required.
· Qualified candidates will possess excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and customer service skills.