JOB SUMMARY: The Nurse Practitioner provides support to, and collaborates with, the physicians of the Inpatient Pediatric/Pediatric Critical Care Service. He/she is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating service activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing or equivalent; graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required.
· Master's degree required.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in Pediatric Intensive Care or Pediatric Emergency care is preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· An active CNP license is required.
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· Federal and State DEA certification is required for South Dakota and Iowa employees.
· Federal DEA certification only is required for Minnesota and Nebraska employees.