JOB SUMMARY: The Outpatient Therapist's primary responsibilities are to assist in coordinating, planning, implementing and facilitating programs and counseling services on an outpatient basis, and when needed, within the inpatient hospital setting. The outpatient therapist's responsibilities may include several of the following areas: individual, group and family counseling, Employee Assistance Counseling (EAP), Partial Hospital Programs, Critical Incident Stress Management, and other current and future groups/programs. All of these areas may involve providing assessments, facilitating treatment and crisis intervention of clientele affected by substance abuse, addiction, and dual diagnoses issues. Providing community/education services will be a part of this position (as needed) and some travel is occasionally required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Master's degree required.
· Four to ten years related experience and/or training is preferred.
· Preferred candidates will have clinical experience facilitating group therapy sessions and providing individual counseling services.
· Preferred candidates will also have experience working with clients having dual diagnoses issues (addictive disorders in conjunction with mental health conditions).
· Clinical experience with couples and/or family therapy is preferred.
· Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) experience preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· South Dakota Professional License as a Social Worker required.
· Licensed Clinical Social Worker-Private in Practice required.
· This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.