JOB SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility and accountability for the provision of primary health care, medical management and education of patients at the clinic in collaboration with a physician. Nurse Practitioners practice under the rules and regulations of the Nurse Practice Act of the state in which they work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing or equivalent; graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required.
· Master's or doctorate degree required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· An active CNP license is required.
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· Federal and State DEA certification is required for South Dakota and Iowa employees.
· Federal DEA certification only is required for Minnesota and Nebraska employees.
· Certification as an APRN through the Minnesota Board of Nursing with designation specific to the board of practice is required.