SUMMARY: The Warwick Workouts Intern will receive education and training in the real-world setting of offensive skill player development for basketball. The education and training will be directed to preparation of the intern for an eventual career in their chosen field of study.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Current student in last half of academic program, required.
· Internship credit obtained during the internship experience, required.
· If selected as an Avera intern, you will work with your school to complete/confirm the following:
-Current immunizations including a 2-Step TB test
-Physical exam within the last year
-Current flu shot (if internship occurs between October 1 and March 31)
-National criminal background check
-HIPAA, infection control and safety training (we will provide if not covered by your academic program)
1. Become proficient in all phases of Warwick Workouts basketball training (weekly workouts, team camps, individual and small group training).
2. Become proficient in on court delivery, demonstration of Warwick Workouts basketball drills (ball handling, passing and shooting).
3. Application of Exercise Science principles into Warwick Workouts programs.
4. Development of communication skills (written and oral) with day-to-day customer service and Warwick Workouts program needs.
5. Become familiar with the operations and management of Warwick Workouts.