If you are a new graduate nurse or an experienced nurse, this could be an opportunity for you to become a part of a dynamic team in a Magnet hospital that produces great patient outcomes!
- Unique position with ability to float between 4 units:
Fast paced units with nurse/patient ratio of 1:4-5 (days) and 1:5-6 (nights), which varies by unit. Opportunities for self-scheduling Advancement opportunities as a Resource Nurse, Clinical Nurse Educator and other Leadership roles. Opportunity to create an Exceptional Difference, Avera McKennan's Professional Nursing Practice Model.
- Brain & Spine-focuses on care of adult patients with condition of brain, spine, spinal cord or central nervous system.
- Ortho-focuses on care of adult patients with disorders of bone and joint.
- Rehab-focuses on patients after an acute illness or acquired disability in the post-acute setting.
- Short Stay-focuses on adult patients with acute diverse conditions requiring care for 48 hours or less.
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure required.
- Provide care for patients with neurologic, orthopedic, and a variety of acute conditions.
- Certification in specialty encouraged or opportunity to obtain specialty certification.
- Membership in a professional organization encouraged.
Avera McKennan Hospital Awards, Recognitions & Affiliations:
- 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics
- HealthCare's Most Wired Winner 2014
- Magnet Recognized by the American Nurse Credentialing Center
- American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Platinum Achievement 2013
- The Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission
What makes Avera Special?