JOB SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility and accountability for the provision of primary health care, medical management and education of patients at the clinic in collaboration with a physician. Nurse Practitioners practice under the rules and regulations of the Nurse Practice Act of the state in which they work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing or equivalent; graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required.
· Master's or doctorate degree required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· An active CNP license is required.
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Iowa and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· Federal and State DEA certification is required for Iowa employees
· Completion of Child & Dependent Adult Abuse for Iowa Mandatory Reporters course required for Iowa employees within 90 days of employment and every 5 years thereafter.