JOB SUMMARY: Assumes responsibility and accountability for the provision of primary health care, medical management and education of patients at the clinic in collaboration with a physician. Physician Assistants practice under the rules and regulations for Physician Assistants in the state in which they work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor or Master's Degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensure as a Physician Assistant and ability to practice in the state of Iowa required.
· Federal and State DEA certification is required for Iowa
· National Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) required.
· Completion of Child & Dependent Adult Abuse for Iowa Mandatory Reporters course required for Iowa employees within 90 days of employment and every 5 years thereafter.