If you are a newly graduated nurse or a nurse with experience this could be an opportunity for you to work at a Magnet hospital with a dynamic team that produces great patient outcomes!
- 35 bed unit, with 16 pulmonary acute beds.
- Fast paced unit with 130 total staff, and a patient ratio of 1:4-5 (days) and 1:5-6 (nights).
- Opportunities for self-scheduling
- Advancement opportunities as a Charge Nurse, Resource Nurse, Clinical Nurse Educator and other Leadership roles.
- Opportunity to create an Exceptional Difference which is Avera McKennan's Professional Nursing Practice Model.
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure required.
- Provide care for patients with heart and pulmonary illnesses
- Step-down unit from the ICU
- Certification in specialty encouraged.
- Membership in a professional organization encouraged.
Avera McKennan Hospital Awards, Recognitions & Affiliations
- 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics
- HealthCare's Most Wired Winner 2014
- Magnet Recognized by the American Nurse Credentialing Center
- American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite Platinum Achievement 2013
- The Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission
What makes Avera Special?