Avera Medical Group Endocrinology & Diabetes Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Give expert diabetes and endocrinology care! Serve patients with all types of diabetes, including type 1 and 2, and offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment for patients with other conditions involving the endocrine system.
· Treat and monitor:
- Thyroid disorders, such as hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, thyroid cancer, goiters and Grave's disease
- Gland hormone secretion problems such as those of the pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, adrenals and gonads
- Cholesterol/lipid abnormalities
- Growth disorders, such as growth hormone deficiency
- Osteoporosis and Vitamin D deficiency
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Reproductive disorders, such as erectile dysfunction and hypogonadism
- Fatty liver disease
- Type 1, type 2, latent autoimmune and gestational diabetes.
- Treatments include intensive insulin therapy, insulin pump and diabetic and dietary education.
o Eight-hour day shifts 8am-5pm
o No holidays, weekends, call or nights
· Team of:
o 14+ Medical Assistants, LPNs, and RNs, 5 Patient Service Representatives, and 5+ NPs and Physicians
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Minnesota may be required depending on patient/job assignment
What Makes Avera Special?