JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Applications Developer - EDI ensures the integrity of the health plans information exchange to support the finance, enrollment and claims processing function by mapping and maintain adequate pathways for real time data exchanges. The Specialist consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives, creates documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, work instructions and corrections. The Specialist interprets the manuals prepared for users to describe operating procedures; uses experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; performs a variety of complicated tasks and works with Avera Health Plans staff members to assure that company objectives are met. Create and maintain translation maps utilizing validation and translation software for all ANSI X12 5010 transactions, data files feeds for proprietary formats, and any other data exchange with vendors or State exchanges. Write and maintain SQL queries on Microsoft SQL Server for analysis of EDI data. Responsible for maintenance and support of vendor-supplied applications, as required. Provides technical evaluations of prospective vendor-supplied software purchases to management and users. They will also mentor the Applications Developer - EDI on staff and provide guidance and suggestions for projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Five years of experience and/or training.
· Experience in leading projects where teamwork and project management skills are required.
· Experience with HIPAA, Integration Engines, EDI and Health Care X12 Transactions is required.
· Experience with AS400 and DB2 is preferred.
Be a Part of a Great Organization!
Avera Named to Forbes' Best-In-State Employers List