JOB SUMMARY: The transfer center RN functions as the point of contact for all referring facilities and their staff who are wishing to transfer patients within the Avera system. The RN works collaboratively with the referring sites and the transfer center physician as well as the end destination site to provide safe and appropriate transfers. The RN will assist the physicians and serve as a link in gathering clinical data to ensure continuity of patient care. The RN will monitor all transfers, identifying potential delays in care and assure communication between all members of the care team, patients and families. The transfer center RN will also work in collaboration with eCARE hospitalist assisting the provider and supporting the workflow as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years nursing experience preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Dakota or meeting the enhanced Nursing Compact Licensure (eNCL) requirements is required.
· RN Licensure required within the states that e-Transfer Center is providing service within 120 days of hire.
· Certification in specialty preferred.
· Membership in a professional organization preferred.
Be a Part of a Great Organization!
Avera Named to Forbes' Best-In-State Employers List