JOB SUMMARY: To provide physical and psychological care to patients under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Assumes responsibility and accountability for individual actions and outcomes of patient care delivered.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree is preferred; two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· Preferred candidates will have clinical experience, facilitating group therapy sessions and knowledge and skills in crisis management.
· Preferred candidates will also have experience working with clients having dual diagnosis disorders (substance use disorders in conjunction with mental health conditions).
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· South Dakota Professional License (Social Work, Nursing, Counseling or Psychology) preferred.
· Certification as a South Dakota Addiction Counselor Trainee, Certified Addiction Counselor or Licensed Addiction Counselor is required.
· This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.