JOB SUMMARY: The Outpatient Therapist's primary responsibilities are to assist in coordinating, planning, implementing and facilitating programs and counseling services on an outpatient basis. The outpatient therapist's responsibilities may include several of the following areas: individual, group and family counseling, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), other current and future groups/programs. All of these areas may involve providing assessments, facilitating treatment and crisis intervention of clientele affected by mental health or dual diagnoses issues. Providing community/education services will be a part of this position and some travel is occasionally required.
* Brookings clinic *
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Master's degree required.
· Four to ten years related experience and/or training is preferred.
· Preferred candidates will have Clinical experience with couples and/or family therapy, and all populations.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· South Dakota Professional License in Social Work or Counseling required; which includes one of the following:
o Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or
o Licensed Professional Counselor - Mental Health, or
o Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
· This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.