JOB SUMMARY: The Inpatient Addiction Therapist's primary responsibilities are to assist in coordinating, planning, implementing and facilitating programs and counseling services on an inpatient basis, and when needed, within the inpatient hospital setting and outpatient addiction recovery program. The inpatient addiction therapist's responsibilities may include several of the following areas: individual, group and family counseling, Addiction Recovery Programs, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counseling, Critical Incident Stress Management, and other current and future groups/programs. All of these areas may involve providing assessments, facilitating treatment and crisis intervention of clientele affected by substance abuse, addiction, and dual diagnoses issues. Providing community/education services will be a part of this position (as needed) and some travel is occasionally required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Master's degree required.
· Four to ten years related experience and/or training is preferred.
· Preferred candidates will have clinical experience conducting addiction evaluations, facilitating group therapy sessions and providing individual counseling services.
· Preferred candidates will also have experience working with clients having dual diagnoses issues (addictive disorders in conjunction with mental health conditions).
· Clinical experience with couples and/or family therapy is preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· South Dakota Professional License in Social Work or Counseling required; which includes one of the following:
o Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or
o Licensed Professional Counselor
o Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
· Certified as a South Dakota Certified Addiction Counselor or Licensed Addiction Counselor is required.
· This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.
Be a Part of a Great Organization!