Avera is seeking a motivated HR professional to help optimize employee's talents and create an exceptional employee experience. This position is responsible for the design, development, administration, analysis and implementation of various Avera Health compensation programs. The Compensation Consultant is accountable to ensure pay structures are competitive, equitable and cost effective, while also in alignment with Avera's mission, values, and culture. Collaborates with HR partners and business leaders throughout Avera and serves as a consultant and subject matter expert to develop and administer solutions for issues related to pay. The Compensation Consultant has strong business and HR knowledge and provides education and guidance to HR and leaders on various issues related to employee pay.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· 3+ years of experience in human resources is required. Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
· Intermediate-level experience with Microsoft Excel is preferred (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, advanced charting, conditional formatting, macros, etc.).
· Working knowledge of compensation practices, wage & hour laws, employee relations, recruiting, performance management is required.
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resource or Business-related field is preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Certified Compensation Professional and/or Certification as a Professional or Senior Professional in the Human Resource field is preferred.
· This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.
1. Leads the annual and mid-year compensation planning processes for assigned regions/business units including market analysis, base pay recommendations, communication, and administration. Produces various reports, metrics, and other communication tools to support this effort.
2. Consults HR and leaders on job design, new hire offers, promotional increases, incentive plans, department re-organizations, compensation communication and other issues.
3. Conducts job evaluation for a variety of jobs and identifies appropriate sources of market pay data by understanding Avera's labor markets and using relevant salary survey data.
4. Prepares annual salary increase budget recommendations for assigned regions/business units.
5. Conducts job analysis for the purpose of determining FLSA classifications, identifying benchmark jobs and job classification.
6. Analyze salary survey results to ensure current pay practices are cost effective and market competitive. Evaluate market and economic trends. Identify variances and develops recommendations. Analyze costs of proposed recommendations.
7. Participates in a variety of compensation projects and assists in the research, development and implementation of changes to pay practices, compensation policies, and procedures.
8. Creates useful reports, presentations, charts, decision tools, guidelines and other materials for the analysis of pay-related and other organizational data.
Be a Part of a Great Organization!
Avera Named to Forbes' Best-In-State Employers List