Skip to Main Content
Home > Careers
|Social Worker -Req Num: 120628-2|
|Facility:||Avera Cancer Institute|
|Department:||ACI OP Program|
|Hours:||Monday - Friday 8am-5pm - may be some evenings|
SUMMARY: Responsible to plan, organize and implement social work services for cancer patients and families assuring that the medically related clinical, emotional, social and spiritual needs are met/maintained on an individual basis. Provides counseling to individuals as well as group supportive counseling. Facilitates quality care/education for patients and their families; coordination, implementation and evaluation of clinical activities, patient, professional and public education, performance improvement and assists with administrative functions. Conducts psychosocial assessment and care planning for the continuum of cancer care in the outpatient setting. Maintains contact with referring agencies and related people and with community resources used for referral.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in social work required.
· Five or more years of medical social work and support group experience required.
· Oncology related experience and/or training preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Social Worker in the State of
· Oncology social work certification preferred.