SUMMARY: The Nurse Manager is responsible for the daily operations of Labor & Delivery. The Manager Supervises and directs subordinate staff and activities of patient care. Coordinates with other areas of the hospital to provide maximum level of services to patients and hospital staff.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, developing, training, and retaining employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in nursing required.
· Previous leadership experience preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· Certification in specialty area preferred.