SUMMARY: Avera McKennan requires all nurses to practice at a competent level of nursing care and demonstrate a competent and professional level of behavior in his/her role as a RN. The ANA Standards of Clinical Practice are exemplified within the position description. The RN is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide nursing care for the patient. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her actions and outcomes of patient care delivered while caring for the patient.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
· Required to complete orientation for various procedures and other in-services.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· Oncology certification preferred.
· Chemotherapy certification through the Oncology Nursing Society’s (ONS) core curriculum within 1 year of employment required.