PartTime benefit eligible position to work in a busy Internal Medicine clinic M-F varied shifts between the hours of 8am-5pm .
- Performs nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Provides direct care to patients as well as follow-through care per telephone.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
· Performs procedures such as EKG, visions testing, and ear irrigation.
· Triages phone calls from patients requesting any type of medical information. Document information given to patients on a telephone to the medical record. Oversees appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
· Organizes and follows through on medical reports and records of patients.
- Responsible for on-going patient education.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining nursing skills through continuing education.
· Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested. Ability to be a team player and work well with others.
· Ability to alter schedule to meet the needs of the clinic and patients.
· Ability to perform venipuncture and process labs correctly.
· Obtain prior authorizations and complete the necessary forms.
· All customers (both internal and external) should receive excellent service that is delivered with care and compassion.
· The Avera Standards of Service Excellence (communication, attitude, responsiveness and engagement) will be followed.