SUMMARY: Provides leadership and works collaboratively with nursing service, clinical users and the IT team to plan, develop, test, implement, evaluate and maintain clinical applications of the electronic medical record (EMR), ensuring system integrity and adherence to Avera Health standards. Serves as a primary clinical and technical expert resource for the EMR and documentation for clinical staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Two to three years of clinical patient care experience is required.
· Bachelors Degree in Nursing required, Masters Degree in Nursing preferred.
· Knowledge of Meditech Client Server information system preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure required.
· Certification in area of specialty preferred.
· Membership in professional organization preferred.