** Minimum 6 months high call volume of PBX switchboard experience **
• Responsible for answering the organization’s main telephone system, routing calls, taking messages and providing routine information to callers.
• Prioritizes calls taking in the urgency and nature of calls received, understands responsibilities in code and emergency situations while utilizing proper communication procedures and technologies
• Responsible for various clerical duties including ADT list generation and use for proper call routing
• Acts as first line of contact for the organization and maintains proper telephone etiquette and represents the organization in a professional manner
The Communications Operator reports to the Director of Information Systems
• High School Diploma or equivalent education/experience
• Minimum of six months high call volume PBX switchboard experience
• Experience in hospital or similar setting preferred
• Reading & writing skills, organizing and filing, professional phone etiquette
• Sufficient computer skills as are required to complete an online application and the pre-employment/annual Net Learning requirements
• In compliance with patient safety standards, must be able to effectively communicate in English; Bilingual abilities preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the position without compromising services.
• Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
• Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
• Routine Office/Administrative conditions
• Contact with patients and guests under a wide variety of circumstances
• Potential for exposure to the risk of infections and bloodborne and contagious diseases
• Subject to varying and unpredictable situations, including the handling of emergency or crisis situations
• Subject to pressure due to irregular hours, frequent interruptions and stressful situations due to multiple demands