CHEMISTRY LAB SUPERVISOR - Full Time
Dover / Milford, Delaware
The Lab Chemistry Supervisor is a technical and supervisory position is responsible for the management of operations and technical oversight of the chemistry section within Bayhealth Medical Center. Under the direction of and delegation by the Medical Director, formulates goals, recommends policy, assigns objectives, and establishes standards of practice within the chemistry section. Functions as technical supervisor under CLIA: 42 CFR 493.1449 or general supervisor under CLIA: 42 CFR 493.1461 for the chemistry section. Plans, verifies, evaluates, and assures the competency of all employees performing routine and specialized technical procedures in the chemistry section to assure quality of performance is maintained. Works independently with guidance available from the Medical Director, Administrative Director, Lab Managers, and Pathologists. Performs related work in this classification routinely and works outside this class on a temporary, occasional basis.
Minimum Education and Experience:
| || |
Bachelor degree in Medical Technology or Health Sciences OR Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science with an Associate's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology.
Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or Health Sciences AND Masters degree in business and/or clinical specialty.
Four years experience in specialty area, and one year supervisory experience, such as a charge technologist or Lead Tech
Previous supervisory experience in specialty area within a clinical laboratory.
Basic computer literacy
Experience with current Bayhealth Laboratory LIS system.
MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), or CLS(NCA) MLT(ASCP), or equivalent certification
Specialist Certification in area of responsibility.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
• Ability to fully concentrate on task at hand for extended periods of time
• Strong learning and memory skills; ability to process verbal communications efficiently
• Ability to collect data, problem solve, establish facts, and draw conclusions
• Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency or critical situations
• Ability to perform a variety of duties and multi-task, without loss of efficiency or composure
• Ability to clearly communicate, present ideas, facts, and clinical information
• Ability to maintain interpersonal relationships, facilitating task accomplishments, cooperating and resolving conflicts, recognizing needs and being sensitive to others.
• Normal color perception
• Fluently peaks, reads and writes in the English language
• Excellent ability to manage personnel and workflow