- High School/GED
For Consideration complete the following -- Cover letter, Resume, application, and Behavioral assessment
- Please answer the following questions in your cover letter -
1)Describe what it means to be the "Clinic of Choice"?
2)Explain what characteristics you possess that will make you an exceptional registration clerk....
General Summary of Responsibilities: This person is responsible for: handling all incoming and outgoing telephone calls, making appointments with providers, keeping all registration of all patients, verification of insurance information and demographics, collection of monies due from patients, coping/printing medical records, scanning documents, filing charts.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Schedule daily appointments with any and all clinic medical providers. Enter schedules into computer system. Direct telephone traffic coming into clinic. Answer telephone in a polite manner and communicate information appropriately following direction and expectations from BBGH and Practice Administrator.
2. Manages time well, demonstrates extreme organization. Demonstrates the ability to anticipate and prepare charts, medical records; as well as answer patient, family and provider requests.
3. Demonstrates the ability to communicate appropriately, politely and clearly to nurses, co-workers and medical providers. Takes accurate messages and pull appropriate charts for inquiries. Assigns tasks to the appropriate persons through electronic record.
4. Contribute to effective and guest relations by assisting patients, visitors and physicians to resolve expressed concerns and demonstrating a welcoming and helpful attitude.
5. Ensure demographics are correct when patients check in, making corrections immediately in computer system.
6. Daily collection of money for billing and/or co-pays according to facility standards, writing out receipts correctly, and completing required paperwork for the billing department. (This includes MVA, Work Compensation, or other liability insurance paperwork) Work closely with billing department.
7. Maintain adequate cash in the drawer to complete daily cash transactions.
8. Process credit card entry when patients pay bills or co-pays.
9. Copying medical records to other medical offices, lawyers, workman compensation carriers, insurance agencies, etc.
10. File charts and information including lab, radiology and correspondence and dictation for both hospital owned and managed clinics.
11. Keep information confidential by adhering to the terms of personnel policy addressing HIPAA and confidentiality.
12. Assists with maintaining stock and order supplies when appropriate.
13. Faxes important clinical, patient health information and other miscellaneous documents in a timely and accurate manner.
14. Supports and participates in Service Excellence, Destination Excellence and TeamSTEPPS programming to ensure excellent quality and customer service.
15. Demonstrate a willingness to put the patient and customer first even if it means staying late or coming in early.
16. Demonstrate the ability to gather/file charts from varied levels and heights (ground floor to overhead).
17. Check insurance eligibility on line or by phone.
- Other Job Functions:
1. Willingly participates in educational opportunities offered by hospital for job and personal development.
2. Attends over 90% of the monthly clinic staff meetings.
3. Willing to serve as a back-up receptionist when needed at satellite clinics.
4. Attend mandatory in-services, training and meetings.
5. Assists the Practice Administrator and clinic staff in Joint Commission standards and preparation.
6. Maintains an orderly, clean, and presentable work space.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
All offers of employment are subject to a Background check and drug screen.
Nebraska Department of Labor
302 Box Butte Ave, Alliance, NE 69301