For consideration, complete online hospital application form and respond to the BBGH Survey
Title: Computer Education Coordinator
Reporting Relationship: IT Coordinators/Chief Operating Officer/Chief Information Officer
General Summary of Responsibilities: Provides for computer, systems training in the hospital setting. Meets the computer education needs of all BBGH departments. Prepares and compiles competencies related to training.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepares and develops curriculum and training manuals for basic computer skills (e-mail, Word, Outlook, Windows, Excel, and SSO) as well as other computer-based systems such as the Policy & Procedure Manual and SWANK. Will also train on proper IT procedures such as after hour usage of IT, A/V Setups, equipment checkout, etc. Responsible for updating training manuals with system upgrades and changes.
2. Locate and coordinate external instructors to provide training opportunities that cannot be met in-house
3. Communicates appropriately and clearly to IT staff, managers, co-workers, and medical providers about training times, expectations. Answers questions, serves as an on-going resource for training issues. Maintains open computer lab hours for 1:1 questions, assistance
4. In conjunction with Managers and IT staff develops computer training competencies, assess learning needs of staff to be trained in non-Healthland systems. Will tailor sessions to individual learning needs. Develop feedback survey on training effectiveness. Communicate employee competency information to managers.
5. Will maintain an on-going education schedule, posted on the BBGH intranet, about all classes offered.
6. Will coordinate the scheduling, taping, and cataloging of all Teleconference educational opportunities as requested.
7. Coordinates the scheduling and set-up of audio-visual equipment, and telehealth events.
8. Assists in the operation of the BBGH Help Desk. Takes customer calls, troubleshoots computer and software-related issues and offers solutions.
Other Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
2. Actively participates in BBGH Performance Improvement activities.
3. The Computer Education Coordinator is a non-exempt position. Hours are scheduled in advance, and are based on staff educational needs.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required: High School graduate or equivalet
Required: Competency in Microsoft Office 2010software Advanced: Efficient knowledge / competency in Microsoft Office 2010Programs Efficient knowledge / Competency in Windows XP Working / Beginning Knowledge of Windows 7 Experience in education of others.
Required A+ Certification within - 12months of hire.
Teamwork: Takes pride in the work, is on time and is professional
Teamwork: Takes initiative, is involved and accountable
Teamwork: Cooperates with and supports other team members; praises whenever possible
Customer: Acknowledges the customers presence immediately and apologizes if they have been waiting
Customer: Respond to customer requests. If you cannot meet the request, relay the message to someone who can and notify the customer of what you have done
Communication: Be courteous and professional at all times including email and phone communications.
Respect: Treat one another as professionals with honesty and respect.
Must be able to work shifts during the day shift and flexible hours when required.
“All offers of employment are subject to a Background check and drug screen.